Tuesday, May 15, 2007

ANOTHER MOM IN THE NORTH


After reading the letter from "Anonymous in the North" (March 12), I had to write. I, too, have suffered a miscarriage. Not only did I mourn the loss of my pregnancy, but I was also afraid I'd never be able to have any children.

"Anonymous" should know that one in four pregnancies ends in miscarriage. If she talks with other women, she'll see she's not alone in her suffering. Sharing her story with others who have been through the same thing may help her ease the pain she's feeling.

Nine months after my miscarriage I became pregnant again with my son. The happiest moment of my life was when I saw his heartbeat on an ultrasound and was later able to hold him in my arms. I am now the happy mother of three.

Please extend my sympathies to "Anonymous," and tell her not to give up hope. -- ANOTHER MOM IN THE NORTH

Jeer Abby has no where to go with this one. What am I going to do, rip into someone recovering from a miscarriage?

When Abby posts one of these public service announcements disguised as a column, it leaves me no choice but to resort to finding amusing videos on the internets depicting what could happen if you do have kids and they end up watching breakdancers in Times Square.

Your advice, readers?

No comments: